AngelScript 2.34.0 is out

Started by
5 comments, last by WitchLord 4 years, 4 months ago

The major change in this release is the modification on how to declare/register virtual property accessors. Now it is necessary to add a 'property' attribute after the function parameters to indicate to the compiler that this function is meant to be used as property.

This change was made so that it is now possible to have ordinary functions with get/set prefixes that shouldn't be used as virtual property accessors. Another benefit is that the compiler is now able to validate the function signature for use as property accessor upon declaration rather than upon use.

Unfortunately this change might break some existing scripts. If you prefer not to change the existing scripts the engine property asEP_PROPERTY_ACCESSOR_MODE can be set to keep backwards compatibility.

Other than this the release comes with the usual batch of bug fixes and minor enhancements. Don't forget to check out the change list for all the details.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement

Yaay! Thanks for the update!!

Hats off to you sir! Thanks!

You seem to have forgotten to update the date on the main page though: http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/

Ah, yes. Thanks for reminding me. I'll have it updated a.s.a.p.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I really can't say which JIT compiler is working or not.

The one I've seen being updated with the AngelScript releases in the past is the one from BlueCat

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement