Unity Assets and Time it takes to Develop

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 3 months ago

Hello I've been meaning too actually start on a project of mine based on an idea I've been working on for the past ten years or so. I believe its my best bet too use start off with assets from the Unity store, mind you I've always been good at coming up with ideas but i don't know how to code that well, and don't know graphic design or anything else and i understand that game development takes time like anything else worth doing. My question is if I were too start with a small map of various towns and buildings I purchased on the asset store would that cut down production time significantly or just a little bit?

Like i want too hire a graphic designer too render it and go over it, make it look nice. Then get a coder, animator, and sound person. I will have most character models already to go, will just need them too do the job I've instructed them too do.

I'm not asking for an over night fully functional game that's garunteed success( at least not out loud). I just want too know if the assets will be a significant factor in cutting down dev time, not effort but time.

Thank you

Advertisement

This isn't a Game Design question. Moving to Production/Management.

Starting with storebought assets saves a LOT of time.

But there are surely other considerations in making your decision whether to use them or not. I think it's a good idea to begin with those, because that helps you move along quickly to get a demonstrable game made. That helps in getting teammates, investors, and everything else. You can always replace assets later.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement