(REV-SHARE) Medium sized team looking for (story)writer!

Started by
3 comments, last by BlueFlute 3 years, 6 months ago

Hello everybody,

for the upcoming production phase of our game project, me and my team are looking for a motivated and likeable storywriter, ideally already with project experience (not a must).

Our well-rehearsed team currently consists of 12 people and covers all essential positions for the current pre-production phase. It's a hobby project but most of us are working as professionals in the games industry. In order for our departments to continue working without any blockers, we are looking for a storywriter with a weakness for post-apocalyptic and very slightly futuristic influences.

As a storywriter your responsibilities are…

• Detailed design of lore, based on an existing idea
  • Communication of important lore details to the art director
  • Initial elaboration of a rough draft story (pre-production)
  • Further and final elaboration of story and dialogues (production)

Skills & requirements - What do we expect from you?

• A 'getting things done' mentality
  • Strong communication and collaboration skills
  • A basic understanding of production pipelines and project management

Although we are working towards the commercial success of the project, our most important asset is teamwork, fun and a lot of learnings while developing the game. The offered revenue share should be a motivation, but not the main reason for joining us and working on our project.

If this sounds interesting to you, feel free to contact me here or join our Discord so that we can talk about the game, revenue share and everything else you would like to know! ?

None

Advertisement

Hi, I'm a writer by trade, though with no experience in game development. What I do have is a long-lived passion for post-apocalyptic media. I have spent a lot of time developing lore for a multitude of my own post-apocalyptic worlds, so feel confident in what I could bring to the table in that regard. I'd be very interested to hear what you have already established for the lore.

Do you have a rough idea of how many hours per week would be required for the role?

Post apocalyptic needs some refinement? You have mad max to the Mandalorian to a degree. I am on the more space based apocalypse side. Not anime, my stories tend to have rough language, dirty jokes, loaded with violence. I enjoy Nero, Caligula type bad guys, with the Al Capone type major nemesis. I like to make colorful characters, some with addictions, flawed decision making individuals always add to the story.

It comes down to is the project going to be a board room conversation with 10 people, strictly business characters, with everyone competent. My area is I make some petty characters, some self righteous, some mentally unstable, some vicious. I focus on realism, with mature content.

When picking a writer, it's important they fit in the group, that the goals are aligned, otherwise it's a disaster. I have my writing area, if I leave that area, I won't be having fun, and will show in my work.

If you have a fun project in mind, with nontraditional and obscene characters, probably save time and message me.

@undefined Hi there!

I have no experience writing for games. However, I do believe being in a position of playing and critiquing games. It kind of comes hand in hand. As it will actually be what gamers are looking for ? I’ve played those games where the essay stories just drown your interest.

I can come up with the Story, Dialogue, Game mechanics, game concepts, character, puzzles and honestly whatever else it entails (other than coding and Art) haha my weaknesses.

And Yes it will be unique!

I must admit, I’m not huge on Post-Apocalyptic. But I can manage a very intriguing game play / story on that. I try to veer away from dark themes or weird themes. I keep everything at a “kid level“ per say. I usually get shot down for that, but let’s be honest. Top Popular games are always games that kids can and are able to play.

So to drawn the line. I “can” give mature themes or atmospheres. But I will always bring it into a lighter element giving that kid friendly gleam to it?

And yes, still holding the attention of a mature gamer is no problem!

In terms of futuristic. Yes all on board there ?

I actually had been writing a couple futuristic game concepts a bit ago.

Well if your interested I am open to write some concepts for you and your team! I hope to hear back from you soon!

~Ryan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement