AngelScript 2.35.0 is out

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 3 years, 4 months ago

Version 2.35.0 is finally out. I almost didn't manage to get the new version within the year. Life with a 2 year old toddler has definitely taken away a lot of the time I used to spend on AngelScript. But, I stay optimistic that I will soon be able to get back to spending a little more time on my projects.

The most notable change on this version is the addition of support for native calling conventions on Linux with arm64 CPUs. A big thanks goes out to Max Waine for contributing with this implementation. I'm hopeful others will now be able to help add support for other major platforms with arm64 CPUs, most notable iOS and Android.

The standard add-ons have also received some improvements, so that asrun is now a quite capable little tool for writing batch scripts. I use it myself in several different applications. Perhaps one day it will be common to see programs written directly in AngelScript.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement

That's great news! Thanks again for making this great language!

The next major platform for ARM might be MacOS in the near future… I am not sure if there are many differences with Linux. But Angelscript works perfectly fine using the generic calling convention so far!

Most likely there are going to be some differences for MacOS. Apple have a habit of doing some things their own way and not following standard specifications to the letter. But, they are usually good at documenting these differences so it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

Speaking of MacOS. Would you by any chance have some spare time to help get the asrun sample running on MacOS? I would like to add the MacOS project files for this to the SDK, but I don't currently have access to any MacOS env to do it myself.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement