Downloadable AI Scripts???? Need Direction...

Started by
4 comments, last by Vegadam 22 years, 4 months ago
Well I am just looking for some free AI scripts to download so that I can modify them to fit a game I am working on. I need it to be in C++. True I could just write my own script............. But im extreamly lazy. If someone could help me with the where abouts of a site that would be great. Thanks.
Advertisement
You can''t really get "free AI scripts". Programming simply isn''t that easy: if it was, we''d just get all the free stuff and join it together. What works in one program will rarely work in another.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]
Ok, Thank you. I was just hopeing for something to build around...... But looks like its not gonna happen.. Thank you for your input though

yah, most likely you''ll have to write your own stuff... but on the plus side, there are some pretty knowledgable people here on gamedev.net when you need help doing that...

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote:Original post by Vegadam
Well I am just looking for some free AI scripts to download so that I can modify them to fit a game I am working on. I need it to be in C++. True I could just write my own script............. But im extreamly lazy.
If someone could help me with the where abouts of a site that would be great. Thanks.

The closest you''re going to get are the various ''bot sites for games like Unreal and their ilk....

Ferretman

ferretman@gameai.com
www.gameai.com

From the High Mountains of Colorado

Ferretman
ferretman@gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado
GameAI.Com

Actually you can get free scripts. The script is the thing that the application reads in and then controls the AI, and tells it what to do. For example if you look in the data for GTA (PC) then you will find text file scripts that are editable though obviously you dont have the interpreter or the compiler/runtime and GTA wont do the AI that you want (i presume).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement