Problem trying to use AngelScript on Linux

Started by
9 comments, last by WitchLord 3 years, 1 month ago

Hello,

My application using AngelScript is compiling and working fine on Windows, but compiling my project on Linux throws me this error and I just can't seem to find a way to fix it, maybe someone here has had that before and knows how to fix it:

None

Advertisement

I haven't seen this error before, but perhaps the following Stack Overflow article can help you figure out the solution.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3132654/gcc-linker-error-version-node-not-found-for-symbol

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

WitchLord said:

I haven't seen this error before, but perhaps the following Stack Overflow article can help you figure out the solution.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3132654/gcc-linker-error-version-node-not-found-for-symbol

Unfortunately I also found that StackOverflow question before, but there is no “symver” anywhere inside my own code or AngelScripts code to be found.

None

I'm not sure, but I think the config.h file they refer to is not in your code or angelscript, but rather in the gcc linker. Go over the other comments in the article, they may give some more hints.

Also, can you demangle the symbol for which the linker is complaining? If we know what it is referring to it might be easier to figure out the cause and subsequent fix.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

If you haven't already tried it maybe the following.

1. sudo ldconfig
  2. make sure you are linking the angelscript library -langelscript

The library name doesn't look standard either. It looks like you are linking the library named libangelscript-module.so. If you compiled using the supplied makefile it should be just libangelscript.

theoutfield said:

The library name doesn't look standard either. It looks like you are linking the library named libangelscript-module.so. If you compiled using the supplied makefile it should be just libangelscript.

Actually I have already built AngelScript to include it as a statically linked library in my code, I can compile AngelScript itself just fine, but when I add it to my own project using it and try to compile that, I get the mentioned error.

I tried demangling the name and apparently it's just `string'

None

How are you adding it to your project?

I have this in my CMake file, and it works fine on Windows:

target_link_libraries(${PROJECT_MODULE_NAME} PRIVATE
  ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/deps/angelscript/lib/angelscript.lib
  ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/deps/cryptopp/cryptlib.lib
)

None

There is a cmake project for the game sample in the angelscript sdk. Does it work for you?

http://svn.code.sf.net/p/angelscript/code/trunk/sdk/samples/game/projects/cmake/CMakeLists.txt

I've never used cmake myself, but it looks odd that you're getting errors for dynamically linked version when you're actually linking with a static library. Are you sure there isn't something wrong with your cmake project on Linux?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement