• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Several characters in a scene

This topic is 5913 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have make a animated character with 3DSMAX4. I have positionned it in a scene constructs with Landscape studio. I use the Simpleland example to test the scene. The problème I have is that just one of the 3 entities is animated, the 2 others are just displayed without any mouvement. I use the sample of the droid which is showed in the PR documentation. What must I do to animate separatly the 3 entities based on the same object ? Thanks Eric

Advertisement
Have you looked at the playground example? It animates several characters at once.

Yes I have looked at the playground example. Precisely, in the file game.c, I have looked at the following functions : GoblinInit, GoblinTick and GoblinSpawn. I haved supposed that the OM_UpdateEntities in the loop of main function allows to access to each entity (ex : hboeuf1) of an object (ex: hboeuf) and execute the code writes in GoblinTick and GoblinSpawn functions. Is it right ?

Eric

Right. The engine will call your tick function for each entity when you call the OM_UpdateEntities function.

• Advertisement