zero.space is this for real?

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 2 years, 11 months ago

Yet another wannabe “metaverse”: https://www.zero.space/

This one has everything except actually working. It's got every cryptocurrency buzzword in sight. It's got “crypto influencers”. It's got an crypto-based open source license (?). It's got a demo video which looks like a simple Unreal Engine project.

Anyone know anything about this?

Advertisement

I found this which tells me absolutely nothing…

Right. I read their “white paper” and “documentation”, which are about at the same level as that video.

I found their deployment schedule. It's all crypto Make Money Fast stuff until at least 2024.

“Zero’s final release, Space (or ‘zSpace’), will be the release of a persistent, photorealistic and distributed virtual world. zSpace has been in prototype development in Unreal Engine and will operate entirely through the use of virtual world dynos that are operated by the community within the Zero Grid. zSpace represents the underlying concepts of Zero, such as networks, worlds and universes, in immersive virtual space, that serves a higher fidelity extension of the Zero Member interface.”

So there's nothing to look at yet.

That seems to be the pattern with all these “blockchain” metaverses. It's all about trading meaningless assets. The 3D worlds are either crap or vaporware.

Nagle said:
That seems to be the pattern with all these “blockchain” metaverses. It's all about trading meaningless assets.

So, maybe a back alley cryptocurrency exchange with a false front?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement