Drawing lines in DX7

Started by
9 comments, last by lacsap 22 years, 4 months ago
Two comments:

About making a GUI and drawing lines: If you''re interested in a shortcut, I have written my own headers, one for drawing basic shapes in DDraw (lines, boxes, squares, and putting patterns in them) and using it, I''ve also created my own GUI. If you are interested, IM me at ImmigrantMarbles on AIM or AOL (I would MUCH MUCH rather you do this than EMail me) or if you must, EMail me at VChelaru@hotmail.com.

About learning (quote by a person):
Interesting that you say people don''t learn, but here''s my take on it. If you''re making a game in DX, the point is to MAKE A GAME. When it comes to programming games, there is a lot of stuff that almost every game has: Your basic set up of all the DDRAW (or D3D) stuff. Some functions to take care of input from the user''s input and, as in this case, a GUI. The fact is that for a lot of people (myself included) making this stuff that other people have done is just a waste of time. Programmer''s time would be much better spent if these basic game skeletons were available easily and the programmer could focus on the important parts of a game.
Sure, I learned a bit making my GUI, but if I needed to, I would have learned that stuff at another time when it was necessary. Just my thoughts

--Vic--

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement