high level design

Started by
6 comments, last by gkanonimo 2 years, 9 months ago

Hi, I have a technical interview for unity3d C# game programmer internship but since it is my first experience I am a bit nervious. So I thought maybe you could give some ideas about what is asked in "high level design" topic. Under the "high level design" topic, what can be asked? What may they expect me to answer? What may they expect to hear from me? If you could give some ideas, I will be appreciated. Thanks in advance:)

Advertisement

I don't think that using an answer from someone else is going to do you any good.

It may seem clever, but a good interviewer will ask follow-up questions about it, and if your answers don't match each other or you are saying things you cannot explain yourself, you make a much worse impression.

So I would suggest, don't try to be someone you're not. Be yourself, and give an answer what you feels right to you. After all, they are interested in hiring you and not that other person.

Good luck!

@Alberth What are talking about? Did I asked for an answer of a certain question or something?

Did I ask for a solution of any algo question that can be used in interviews? You could have just give some ideas like “they may want you to know design patterns well or they may ask a question about game engine that you use” and bla bla.. They already gave the questions topic after I ask this question in here. So what is wrong really? I saw your messages just now and pissed off. What kind of answer is this? Really? Are you serious? This is the worst answer that I ever had. hah he wrote almost a long article with the topic of “be yourself”.. OK. Thanks for the brilliant lesson! You must give some speech for TEDX! Good luck !

gkanonimo said:

@Alberth What are talking about? Did I asked for an answer of a certain question or something?

Did I ask for a solution of any algo question that can be used in interviews? You could have just give some ideas like “they may want you to know design patterns well or they may ask a question about game engine that you use” and bla bla.. They already gave the questions topic after I ask this question in here. So what is wrong really? I saw your messages just now and pissed off. What kind of answer is this? Really? Are you serious? This is the worst answer that I ever had. hah he wrote almost a long article with the topic of “be yourself”.. OK. Thanks for the brilliant lesson! You must give some speech for TEDX! Good luck !

@gkanonimo , the answer Alberth gave you four weeks ago was good. He was doing you a kindness, responding to your question. He doesn't deserve anger and vitriol for that. None of us here can know what your interviewer meant by “high level design.” Could mean 2 or 3 things. I assume you've had your job interview in the intervening four weeks, but what you could have done was just think about what “high level design” might mean and be prepared with responses for each likely interpretation.

Your anger is misplaced, and your willingness to take out your anger in a public forum reveals you to be an undesirable candidate for hiring.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper

“don't try to be someone you're not” this is judging.

“you are saying things you cannot explain yourself” this means like I want the answers of some interview questions and what I plan is saying those things as if I said..

“It may seem clever” ? what seems clever? This whole paragraph put me a cituation like I am doing some kind of plagiarism. I always try to do my best and these impliciations should not be done for someone you have never known. He seems very sure of his idea that I will behave like someone else in interviews. He could have said “okay first u should search for what is high level design” or something else.. But I am totally sure that there is no kindness in implying ugly things for someone you dont know. I was just asking for some suggestions & ideas and what I got is “being myself”. By the way, I have an internship now.

I am sorry you took my message in the wrong way.

Your message seemed much like you wanted concrete suggestions to use in the interview. I tried kindly to explain that may not always have the desired effect and could even backfire. Unfortunately, that message got lost in your anger.

PS I didn't reply to search for high level design, since I assumed you already did that.

@Alberth okay my anger is not justified but as much as your prejudice. Sorry for a big reaction but I was just asking for some idea not answer or solution :( So, this shouldn't have been interpreted as "acting like someone else".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement