Philosophy

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 2 years, 8 months ago

Hello everyone,

First, I hope you are having a brilliant day.
I would like to start a Topic that would discuss the Philosophy of Future Computing. There we would discuss the Ethics and Morals that we bring into the stuff we develop. I for one am about to apply for a college to learn web development in Linux, but my journey here has been far more complex than just being a gamer.

I wonder if any of you have ended up here because of a “Miracle” or have you planned on it?

Thank you for your time and support.

Ageless Philosopher

Advertisement

Thread moved to the GDNet Lounge (it was way off-topic in the Networking and Multiplayer forum).

domagoj2 said:
I would like to start a Topic that would discuss the Philosophy of Future Computing.

Why don't you begin, then, by telling us about YOUR philosophy of computing in the future? Anything similar to Asimov's rules of robotics? It's not like we're all sitting here waiting for this particular brilliant question - you want to spark a convo? Start talking instead of asking.

domagoj2 said:
I wonder if any of you have ended up here because of a “Miracle” or have you planned on it?

That is NOT a “philosophy of future computing” question. You can ask people how they got their start in the Games Career Development forum - where others have asked this before. See https://gamedev.net/forums/topic/709779-how-did-you-become-a-gamedev/​ - maybe you'll find what you're looking for there so you don't need to post the same question again.

By the way, if this is a class assignment and your professor told you to do this, tell your professor she or he needs to refine the assignment so as not to piss off forum members by a bunch of students all showing up at the same time asking the same questions. Your professor should create specific questions, assign each question to a different student, and also assign each student to a different specific online forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement