Win10 asks PIN instead of password for detected certain Wifi

Started by
1 comment, last by JohnnyCode 2 years, 2 months ago

Hi folks, long time no see.

I have a strange issue, which is strange, in a way that I cannot browse/google/acquire any viable information about. I have an issue that Win10 OS, against a particular WiFi, always forces asking the PIN code of the router to gain access to the Wifi, not a password as it usually does. When I provide that PIN code, the Windows reports as “incorrect PIN”. I am using the internet of the router but by cable, no wifi usage has been needed so far, or, was succesfull if so. I have not set any restrictive behaviour on the router at all.

So the first thing I did, I called Microsoft customer support, and was informed, that there is nothing I can do on Win product, but I have to resolve it only with my internet provider. I have not called the provider about this yet. So guys, what is this you think? Before I call that provider? Any assumptions?

Advertisement

It is a router that seems to be not able to provide wifi connection to a win10 computer, the station asks PIN instead of normal behaviour- the password. After I provide the PIN, router still refuses to let win10 station to connect, and win10 reports “not the PIN” when attempting to access the wifi.

I have still not called the internet provider for this issue, as I have been ordered to do, by Microsoft customer support.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement