A general question for the forum

Started by
5 comments, last by a710d85264 1 year, 11 months ago

Hello everyone and wonderful to be here I look forward to meeting you guys, I represent a design team first starting out, and am looking for market info to help us raise funds for our first upcoming game (really need your insight if you don’t mind ), our hope is to find some gaps in the Cgtrader market, to help folks save some time by making some nice assets to maybe relieve some workload for cheap (or cheaper than normal lol) as is my questions are 1 when you buy assets what kind of assets do you have the most trouble finding? What assets are you most likely to outsource and when you do what do you feel is a fair price ? Any advice you guys can give would be great Id also love to get to know some of the community if you wanna just chat and chill ? tysm!!

Advertisement

That posting needs some copy editing. This might be better:

I represent a design team starting out. I am looking for market info to help us raise funds for our first upcoming game. Our hope is to find some gaps in the CGtrader market. We hope to help folks save some time making assets.

Questions:

1. What kind of assets do you have the most trouble finding?
  2. What assets are you most likely to outsource?
  3. What do you feel is a fair price?

Dalekgrim said:
info to help us raise funds

That's a Business question, so this is moved to the Business and Law forum. Check out the other funding threads in the Business and Law forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Dalekgrim said:
our hope is to find some gaps in the Cgtrader market, to help folks save some time by making some nice assets to maybe relieve some workload for cheap (or cheaper than normal lol) as is my questions are 1 when you buy assets what kind of assets do you have the most trouble finding?

Oh. Then this is more of a survey or poll, not really a business question. Moved to the Lounge.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hobby dev on a shoestring budget here, please keep this in mind when reading my answers.

Questions:

1. What kind of assets do you have the most trouble finding?
    - I had a lot of trouble finding Underwater/Deep Sea assets like flora, fauna, structures and vehicles. Especially pre rigged and animated ones. I do have some basic skills in rigging and animation but this is work I rather do not have to do if I can help it as a programmer. Modular Spaceship / Space station parts were hard to find too, especially the inside of them. I needed them designed to be put together like Lego in a grid fashion, i.E. a hollow floor part where you could remove the floor panelling to get access to cables ect., same with walls and what you can think off. I understand this is more of an edge case scenario but it would be nice to have at least some generic options to prototype with.
  2. What assets are you most likely to outsource?
    - Character and vehicle models inclusive rigging and animation
  3. What do you feel is a fair price?
    - difficult to say, depends on the quality, quantity and type of asset. If its a package deal where I can get for example 10 pre rigged & animated characters with the same theme and I can use 5 of them in the immediate project then I don't mind paying 25-35€. I know this is very little money but as I said I'm a hobby dev paying everything out of pocket with my paycheck. A pack with smaller assets that do not need as much work as character models like set decoration or random thematically fitting textured assets would probably be worth around 0,50€ - 2€ per item in the pack. It all depends on the quality. I've seen some really qualitatively bad or cloned/copied assets being sold for a lot of money and not gonna burn my money on stuff like that ?.

I wish you the best of luck, and have a nice Day o/

“It's a cruel and random world, but the chaos is all so beautiful.”
― Hiromu Arakawa

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement