Im looking for criticism on music for my game!

Started by
4 comments, last by GrezureMusic 1 year, 3 months ago

Please take a minute and a half to listen to a song ive made for my game. I would really appreciate it if you could leave a comment with some honest feedback and how i could improve ?

https://soundcloud.com/user-17010758/main-menu

Advertisement

Good composition and theme. :D

About the arrangement, the lead melody is good, but the harmony sounds like very basic chords strumming on guitar. I think you could improve this a lot by using some arpeggios, or other ways to make the chords more interesting.

@JoeJ Okay, thank you very much!

The intro build up (I believe from 0:00 to 0:22?) is nice.

From 0:22 to 0:38 is also nice, but I think it can take a little break from the intro's noise so there's an appreciation moment before the music pulls me back up at 0:38, something so it doesn't make me feel on the top all the time that the music may end up flat the entire track because it keeps hyping me up until the end, especially if it loops.

I personally don't like complete sound gaps like in 0:55 and 1:03 because it feels like my audio is broken, or my internet is lagging or something. I'd prefer that there's a little sound, whether it's ambience, fx, or rhythm no matter how low, just to ensure that the music is still going.

As for the ending, I'm not sure why it is cut/goes completely silent like that. If you want to loop this, I expect you to loop this at most 2 times in one sample and then fade it out when entering the 3rd loop. If you still want to cut it like that, maybe add a soothing end to finish it.

Overall, in my opinion the music arrangement is great, good job!

I think this is a great melody! I really like the simplicity of the chords behind it and it seems like you do include movement at times too. You don't want to make it too busy so I think it works well. I also agree with @mychii about the gaps. I was listening to it while on another tab and it seemed like it was cutting out. A bit of something in between where it breaks would work well there.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement