How to find a team

Started by
20 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I'm a beginner in game development from China. I don't have any communities or associations in related industries around me, and it's difficult to find friends on the domestic Internet. I want to ask how to connect with the world, communicate with more designers and developers, and become friends

None

Advertisement

Your request has been moved to Hobby Project Classifieds, where you can seek a team (along with all the others who are also seeking a team). Good luck!

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Look here:

https://gamedev.net/forums/topic/711945-places-to-look-for-game-dev-jobs-and-resources/

IDK what is censored from the china net, so just hunt around.

Also, depending on your skills, they may be specialized sites.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

@GeneralJist Thank you very much for sharing. Although I have optimized the search ability of my search engine, I have never found these websites and communities. Few developers in China are willing to maintain and recommend such communities. If you have good suggestions on finding development partners or internships, I hope you can provide me with them. Thank you

None

What do you mean by “development partners”?

people?

Organizations?

publishers?

Companies?

Communities?

Resources?

If your looking for jobs and internships there all out there, just search for them normally as you would search for a regular job.

IDK if China Sensors Linkedin, but it's a good place to look for jobs and people.

Also, not sure if the Google ban is still in effect, you can use duck duck go and start page as search engine alternatives.

Oh that's right,

A few years ago I was doing research into gaming guilds, and they mentioned some of the big Chinese gaming guilds partner with gaming companies to test and optimize their content. IDK how public they would advertise that though.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

chengyiming1217 said:
suggestions on finding … internships,

Apply to Chinese game companies, especially any that are near where you live.

@GeneralJistBy development partners, I mean people and communities. In fact, the game development industry in our country is an industry subject to social prejudice. Most people have a negative impression of making games. Most people think that games are things that hinder children's learning and growth. Therefore, the people who make games are often considered to be the culprits. This is also determined by the attitude of our domestic game companies towards the market. In the domestic game market, Mobile games occupy the absolute majority.They basically copy some elements of the current popular games and then make some simple productions to win money. Our country strictly controls the game version numbers, and most of the game version numbers are distributed to such companies, so that the government can seek certain benefits from them. As far as the employment prospect is concerned, our small studios in China cannot guarantee the income, let alone recruit interns. For large game companies, such as NetEase, Tencent and Mihayou, their domestic studios do not recruit interns at all.There are few people engaged in these tasks in China, and few people go to establish communities or contribute to communities. Most people can form teams with friends in life. Unfortunately, I haven't found such friends. It is extremely difficult to find teams or partners on the domestic network, because we don't even have a mature community.

None

@Tom Sloper Our domestic game companies are basically for money. They are not interested in game creation skills. They only need to obtain benefits from this market as their sole goal. They do not need interns. In addition, there are very few game studios in our country, at least in the vicinity of my life. In addition to such companies, there are no real game studios. Large game production companies, such as Netease, Tencent and Mihayou, do not accept interns at all. Moreover, the products produced by their local game studios hardly make people think that this is an original game. Medium sized game studios are affected by the epidemic in recent years, Many studios refuse interns and even dismiss employees to make a living

None

chengyiming1217 said:
Our domestic game companies … do not need interns.

If that's true, then you won't find an internship in China.

Previously, you said you were “a beginner in game development,” which doesn't tell us a lot. How old are you? Do you have a college/uni degree? Do you have a profession? What aspect of game development are you skilled in and/or most interested in? Also you said you don't have “communities or associations in related industries around me.” Does that mean you don't live in a large industrial city or region, like Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, Guangdong? If you expect us to be of help to you, we need more information about your situation.

Check out https://gamedevmap.com/​​ and see if any game companies are near you. You say internships are out of the question, but jobs may not be.

@Tom Sloper I am 20 years old. I am studying software engineering in a university. I live in Shandong Province, which is a certain distance from Beijing and Shanghai. I am mainly good at software skills. Of course, I learned Unreal and Unity by myself. I can make some simple games independently, but what I need is further knowledge. I am eager to find a team to accept me, because the strength of one person is too small, I'm really bad at audio and art. I don't want to find a job right now, but also want to find a group of like-minded friends or join a less commercial team. Just because I can't find a community in China, I basically can't meet friends who can design games together. I want to constantly improve my ability to enrich my portfolio, and have a good resume to support me to go abroad to join some game studios when I get employed .The courses in Chinese universities are very loose and rigid, so I spent most of my time self-study on game design, engine use, and recently I began to read some books on computer graphics.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement