HELP WITH AVI !!!!

Started by
1 comment, last by gip 22 years, 4 months ago
Hi everybody. I''m an Brazilian guy and I''m trying to load an avi in the initial sequence of animation of my game.... Only this is missing to fiish it. Anybody knows how play an avi movie without directx or SDL or OpenGL? I''m currently using the Borland Turbo C++ 3.0, but I have too the Borland Free Compiler 5.5.1. Thank you. Rafael G. Donato
"Be forgotten is worse than death..."[email=rgdonato@gmail.com]Rafael G. Donato[/email]
Advertisement
look up info on video for windows.

you can also look over the tutorial on nehe.gamedev.net it explains how to do it for opengl, but he uses the standard window functions for the actual playing. you would just need to modify it so instead of placing the data on a texture you place it in the window you are drawing. unfrotunatly he dont go over the sound portion, but msdn explains avi playing quite well as well.

why dont you want to use directx (the easiest way)? also you cant play avis using opengl since opengl does not deal with video files.
Hey, thanks guy!!!

Why don''t use directx?
opengl is great, but i have 17 years old and started only now to do games...

Do you know DarkBasic?? I know it all and learn it this whole year. But it uses Directx, then in some machines the game doesn''t run as well....

The c++ is better!!! very better! and without directx, great!

Anyway, thanks, i will take a look at microsoft.

Rafael G. Donato
"Be forgotten is worse than death..."[email=rgdonato@gmail.com]Rafael G. Donato[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement