Add button to delete blog posts

Started by
7 comments, last by RandomRagTags 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I just now posted a blog article, but either my internet and/or this site's internet crapped out the moment I hit submit, and 5 copies of the blog article were created (I clicked “save” multiple times). You can see them now on the front page. Embarrassing!

First of all, shouldn't there be some kind of a protection against this kind of thing happening in the first place? This reminds me of old online stores in the early 2000s with submit buttons that say “press button only once” because it might cause multiple purchases. Shouldn't we be past this in 2023?

Second, I can't even delete or hide the extra blog posts! There is no option to delete a post at all, WTF! Surely that's against some EU privacy laws and their right-to-be forgotten. Furthermore, I tried to hide the posts, and they don't seem to disappear from the front page. So the “hide” option doesn't work either. Bollocks!

Advertisement

I think the problem was caused by the site having problems. Often happens that one clicks Post (or whatever) and nothing happens, so one tries again, winding up with multiple posts. Not your fault. I removed your duplicate posts. I agree that members should be able to help themselves when a mistake occurs.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanks for sorting that out!

Hi!

I just had the same issue. Hey Tom, could you please remove the duplicate from my page? It does look silly.

Thanks

None

RandomRagTags said:
Hey Tom, could you please remove the duplicate from my page?

I can't remove what I can't see.

Thanks for the reply!

Here is a link, when you go to blogs I have 2 circumbreak devlogs. Is that what you couldnt see?

None

That just takes me to your profile. All I see there is your one blog post and these two posts above. Need additional clarification on the problem.

Sorry, Im new here and learning. I've made 2 categories for blogs: plans and happenings and circumbreak devlog. The former has some posts, the latter is the one duplicated. Ive just made my first post in one of them.

Maybe people cant see the category until a blog is actually posted there? If so, I wouldnt worry too much. Either way, I thank you for your time

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement