Adding custom content from a 3D software into a game/private server?

Started by
5 comments, last by JoeJ 1 year, 3 months ago

hey everyone,

so i'm hoping to get back into 3D graphic development again and i asked a GM of an archrage private server if i could join their team to add new content to the game. unfortunately they said this to me:

can anyone explain or send a guide as to how one goes from creating something in blender/other 3D software to adding it within a game as playable/wearable content. i have tried searching and can't seem to come across any decent guides. How does one go about this?

thanks x

Advertisement

tooty123 said:
how one goes from creating something in blender/other 3D software to adding it within a game as playable/wearable content

This is not a Game Design question. Moved to a more appropriate forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@undefined sorry what does that mean? can people still see my question or?

It's not in the Game Design forum anymore because that was the wrong place.

Now it's in a better place for everybody to see. The For Beginners forum seemed right, or maybe it should go to Networking And Multiplayer. Please explore the forums and the website so you can find your way around the site and take full advantage of the site's offerings.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

tooty123 said:
can anyone explain or send a guide as to how one goes from creating something in blender/other 3D software to adding it within a game as playable/wearable content.

Export your content in some general format like fbx, glTF, etc., click import button in your game engine of choice and there you go.

I suggest you try it with Unity, Unreal, or the usual suspects. Ofc. it's not that easy to do things like wearable cloth meant to fit on multiple characters for example. But i don't see what it has to do with servers.

JoeJ said:
But i don't see what it has to do with servers.

He's looking for this:

tooty123 said:
archrage private server

Which means his question relates to how to specifically add content to a modded server/client for the MMO “Archage” (pretty sure that was a typo on his part).

@Juliean

tooty123 said:
archrage private server

Which means his question relates to how to specifically add content to a modded server/client for the MMO “Archage” (pretty sure that was a typo on his part).

EXACTLY, thank you ?
thanks for the info so far, there's not much info on how to do this out there, not that's easy to find anyway. so any info/help is appreciated.
would adding 3D custom content be the same process as adding to a game as it would a modded server/client.

and it was a typo, but at the same time it also wasn't. the private server i'm speaking of is called Archrage. lol

tooty123 said:
would adding 3D custom content be the same process as adding to a game as it would a modded server/client.

Probably. There is a thread on Xentax. This forum is about such things, afaik: https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=8428&sid=5c2c6d338e219157e70eece7ac6d602b

Finding the right software company to partner with can be a daunting task. There are so many different companies that may not have the answer to your needs. Fortunately, there are some useful articles about whether is react native dead. And it is not difficult to find a company that meets the needs of your project. Before you start looking for a potential partner, make sure that you know what software development services you need and which companies can offer them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement