spam problem

Started by
6 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 1 month ago

If I go through the news section or the tutorial section of this website, I see that just about every item has spam in the comments. Worse, the spam isn't being removed even after being reported. Is there something broken in the reporting system, or do you just not care? Is there even any point in reporting spam?

Advertisement

The reporting system doesn't pass along reports on blogs, portfolios, projects, or tutorials. Best to report them here in CSI.

I went through Blogs today and cleaned out some comment spams. I removed a couple of tutorial spams in the past hour. I'll check News now. And I see I've just gotten a DM I haven't read yet…

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I see only one possibly problematic News post. Checking it with the admins. I just did a sweep this morning, so if there are still outstanding spams, please report them here.

The problem isn't the tutorials or news items themselves being spam. The problem is the spam in the comment section of the tutorials and news items. I've looked through the news items and I haven't found a single one that doesn't have spam in its comments.

a light breeze said:

The problem isn't the tutorials or news items themselves being spam. The problem is the spam in the comment section of the tutorials and news items. I've looked through the news items and I haven't found a single one that doesn't have spam in its comments.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Wow, that's a lot of spammers. In the tutorials, I've only gotten back to Feb 2021 so far. News comments are not indicated in the News list (it would be necessary to open each and every entry to see if there are any comments at all). Haven't started on that yet.

I de-spammed the Tutorials back to July 2020. I can't de-spam News at all. Blogs are spam-free as far as I know.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement