Simple Problem with GLUT

Started by
5 comments, last by homeboy 22 years, 4 months ago
Im am trying to create a simple GLUT window and I can't even do that! The code is straight out of a book so i know theres no problem in that, its in the linking. I have listed the libraries in the project settings. VC++ 6.0 gives me this error --------------------Configuration: GLUT - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 Debug/GLUT.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. GLUT.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) ---------------------- I put glut32.dll in the Windows/system directory, glut32.lib in the VC++ directory and glut.h in the header folder. Whats going on? Edited by - homeboy on December 18, 2001 5:55:23 PM
Advertisement
Wait. I think i figured it out. I made a console application project. I''ll post back if a win32 app project fixes this
Nope, didn''t fix it. Help me!!!
Make a consol application. Now go to my website.

http://www.a-tronic.com/Development/default.htm

Go to downloads and get glutframework.zip

It can generate the code you need. Paste it in the project and start from there. Whatever your problem was, it should solve it.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Oh, and let me know if there are any problems, there may be bugs. This is a good program for learning basic glut. Key word: basic.

Alex Broadwin
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Well, i thought i made a windows console applicationt hte first time, but i guess this wasn''t the case. For when i tried a third time and repasted the code, it worked!!! Yay. texturing here i come!
Good good. Just look at the initial code. If it has WinMain, it''s win32, if it has Main, it isn''t.

Alex Broadwin
-----

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement