How to silently update project pages, and post blogs?

Started by
1 comment, last by khawk 10 months, 1 week ago

Hi there,

Was wondering if someone could explain how to post a blog without forcing an update on the associated project (if not needed), as well as not publish a project when the project's page has been updated (to say modify some text) but not needed to be published to the main page. AFAIK, when posting blog entries it automatically pushes the linked project to the main page, and modifying a project's page does the same thing (because you can only save modifications by either setting the page to private or leave the publish checkbox intact; there's no “just” save option). Asking this, because have been updating older projects to trim out outdated info, and would wish that those dead projects would not be pushed to the landing page; because they are no longer active, but still serve a function for me (thus setting them private would not suffice). Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement

This is not currently possible, but I understand why you would want to do this. I'll take a look at adding this capability.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement