Putting together a small team for a game demo for Q1-2 2024

Started by
1 comment, last by neilae 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi!

I've been working with a Character modeler and concept artist on this project for some time now and plan to have a playable demo in Q1-2 2024. The game's main style is a 3D souls-like action-adventure with Puzzles RPG Elements and exploration. I have a clear vision for the game and the actions required for completion.

I've been working on other aspects of the game for around 2 years. below is a very small snippet of some general things I have planned. If you're interested, please message me and I can expand on more aspects of the game.

I'm looking to work on this project with some people and execute a plan I have laid out for the release of the game. Until the Kickstarter I will be personally funding the game as I have been doing then moving into other avenues for investment like Crowdsourching, Kickstarter, and private investment.

Story:

The over-arching story of the game is humanity facing an extinction event and coming together to overcome it and at the same time the Makina you play who is named Kurtarici helps the people and learns what it means to be human and thing that really makes up a human is the memories and events you experience as well as the human spirit that just never wants to concede despite overwhelming odds.

A dragon lord from space shot a meteor at the Earth. The meteor contained troops and supplies for the dragon race army to enslave the Earth and conquer it to use it for the production of the dragon army and harvest its core for the purpose of having it essentially be a forge to fuel the ongoing war between the Kralrak and dragons.

Progression:

You will travel to 4 sections of the earth, each showcasing different themes for gameplay and events associated with the harshness of the environment. This also reflects the story and the types of enemies you fight and new ways to deal with them.

• Surface
  • Crust
  • Mantle
  • Core

Combat and Weapons:

Combat will be based on combos and be intertwined with each other, and you can chain attacks together for fluent and weighty combat that all tie into each other.

1. Sword (Evolves throughout the game and reacts with the rare material the main character is made of)
  2. Chain-Link sword mode (Applies a bleed and a debuff that decreases the combat effectiveness of enemies)
  3. Melee/Fists (You use multiple body parts and multiple combat styles, and this will charge up your body gauge to unlock more combos for the sword. This mode also charges the knockdown meter on enemies for other interactions with the other weapons)

Concept Art:

Short-Term Goals:

• Playable demo Q1-2 2024.
  • Launching Kickstarter campaign with a teaser and playable demo.
  • Establishing team and workflow through Git.

Long-term Goals:

• expanding the team over the course of 2024
  • Game trailer for E3 then gameplay showcase for TheGameAwards.
  • Focusing on a launch for Q2-3 2025 (Could be sooner depending on investment)

If you're interested or want to help out in any other way please drop me a DM here or on Discord my username is Nafalan.

Advertisement

Hi Nafalan,

Will this be a Unity project?

If yes then i can help out as programmer as a Junior level.

Check out my about page.

Like my answer if it was useful

thanks

Neil AE

Indie Game Developer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement