Looking for other people to work on a 2D top-down roguelite game in Godot with me

Started by
2 comments, last by bwebb3230 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Hello,

I'm new here on this forum.

I would like to create a 2D top-down roguelite game (possibly with card elements). The development of the game would be entierely collaborative. I'm looking for anyone interested in the idea, no matter their skills: artists, programmers, game designers, people with ideas for the gameplay, the mechanics etc...

I would contribute to this project in programming. I'm not a developer/software engineer, but I do code in my free time and at work (I'm a post-doc in computational/quantum chemistry). My preferred engine is Godot, using GDscript (but I can learn the C# aspect if necessary).

This would be a relatively serious hobby project to really create something collaboratively, and learn :)

If you are interested, I can create a Discord server for discussion. I also think that we could use the management tool named Codecks (https://www.codecks.io) which I previously used and found useful and fun, in order to distribute the work between us and keep everyone easily updated :).

If you have any questions, do not hesitate!!

TLDR:

• I would like to create a 2D top-down roguelite game with other people in a collaborative manner.
  • I would do the programing in Godot (GDscript preferably). Everybody with ideas is welcome :).

P.S: I'm not a native English speaker, so sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm french.

None

Advertisement

Hi, I have some free time and wouldn't mind collaborating on a game like this! I've been using Godot for about 6 years now, have released a couple of jam games with it, and have contributed to the engine source, so I'm very familiar with the engine. I'm usually a solo developer so I can do a bit of everything. I cannot work on this full-time (or even half-time) but I do consistently have some hours available per week to work on a project like this (between 10 and 20, usually).

I'm not too big on Discord but I also don't mind using it. I've also used Codecks before, I didn't really like it when I used it but it's been a while so I don't mind trying it out again.

Being Belgian, I do understand French (somewhat) but I'm not fluent in it and would prefer to keep using English if possible.

You can contact me here through DMs or on mastodon

None

@undefined hi I'm an artist and I went to school for game development but took a break during covidband I'm looking for a project to collaborate on with before I get back in school. I'm very creative and can help with the art and story and a 2d topdown would be an awesome project to get back into it. If you can just message me the discord link when it's up so we can talk more.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement