Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

I can offer only my ideas...

Started by ncgraffix Feb 10, 2025 at 7:05 AM 3 replies 2.4k views
Original Post
ncgraffix
ncgraffix

Hello, how is everyone?

I'd like to introduce myself to start and hopefully get to know many of you.

My names Nick. I'm 40 years old and I've had a passion for video games for quite some time. I attended college to study programming but unfortunately dropped out due to a number of reasons. I ultimately felt like teaching myself would be the best way to get things going, while at the same time, finding a team of like minded aspiring developers.

Now before I say exactly how or why I felt that wad the best method, I'd also like to share a few things that have had lasting impressions and what made me think I could design games.

To summarize, I've had ideas for games, specific concepts for specific franchises even, that I would tell friends only to see those ideas later implemented in those exact titles. I don't want to sound arrogant but I assure you, they were all from well known franchises.

So one day, back in 2011,I began to brainstorm. I've had ideas for namely, a shooter, wrestler/grappler, a hack n slash and espionage. Things just came to me in ways that I truly feel, would be more than compelling for others to hear.

I don't want to look back when I' old and gray and think what if? If simple ideas were good enough for triple A title then, then why wouldn't the better ideas be good enough too?

So basically, if you'r still reading this, (thanks) and you're someone who thinks it would be worth a try om someone like myself who at the moment, can only offer the concepts, please respond.

Thank you.

Tom Sloper
Tom Sloper

Thread moved to Hobby Project Classifieds. Good luck with your endeavours, and welcome to gamedev.net.

But be advised that everyone has lots of ideas. Most likely nobody needs an idea guy.

-- Tom Sloper    --      sloperama.com
Vollkrasser
Vollkrasser

Can you list some ideas of yours?

Vollkrasser
Vollkrasser

To attract anyone you have to show what your ideas actually are. So how about the GDD for the espionage topic?

Also not responding to basic questions regarding your ad is a red-flag for many.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.