A smart design move?

Started by
5 comments, last by SonShadowCat 22 years, 4 months ago
I was wondering if this would go well with the people who play it so i''ll ask i was planning on including an option in my game to equip a primary and secondary weapon before each battle Example: You can equip a spear or rifle as primary, and a dagger/sword or pistol as secondary this would be good since im taking into account range in the game and rifles dont work in close ranges and I want this to be quite realistic so what do you people think? should i do this or should i take away range and weapon disadvantages and make rifles/RPGs shoot from any distance? "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose. SSC the Super Saiyan Cat"
--------------------------------- "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose."- SSC Oh the possibilities!!Edited By - SonShadowCat on Your Girlfriends Birthday
Advertisement
A lot of games use that design, like Delta Force, you chose your weapons, then go in and shoot em up. For that reason since i take it you are doing a medievil type, i would do a melee weapon, then primary, then secondary, try keeping melee as a last resort if at all possible, if not and you want it all to be mellee (like Rune). I would suggest doing a primary melee and a secondary melee.

(sorry for spelling, im kinda sleepy)
umm, in case you dont know

this is a text game

this game allows you to gain ranks on the number of victories, with each rank you can buy better weapons/armor

the weapons/armor go from prehistoric to modern times so it is possible to have a rifle and club

"Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose. SSC the Super Saiyan Cat"
--------------------------------- "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose."- SSC Oh the possibilities!!Edited By - SonShadowCat on Your Girlfriends Birthday
I personally thought it was a strategy game. It wasn''t really explained in the first post.
Anyway, yes, it is a good feature, but if you do implement it, also implement some way of letting the player make a default setting to use each time, so when asked for EACH and EVERY battle, it doesn''t get tedious to just play. Pressing Enter to use the last settings used should be fine.

-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
lol it wont go like that

your equipped weapons stay equipped until you equip something else

Oh. So um, what is the actual feature you are implementing?
Cause as I understand it, having primary and secondary would be cool, and from the original post, you were saying that you could change them before a battle. Since now I assume you mean that when you aren''t in battle you could change them, that is different.
Yes, it is a good design move. Giving players choices is making for a better gaming experience, for the most part.
Having strategy involved in picking weapons, for instance, rocks.

-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
yes before battle you are in a "market" where you can talk to an NPC which "might" give you a good match or not

you can change your weapons in this market, etc

hehe a rock is a weapon if you are a low rank ^^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement