help. bmp loading tramma

Started by
0 comments, last by Mardigin 22 years, 3 months ago
I am loading an 8bit 256 color bmp. Now it works most of the time, but it crashes with some bmp. specifically bmp''s that I make in photoshop. The following are some snippets of code that may have something to do with my problem. NOte I actually crash on the memcpy bytes_per_line = bitmap->bitmapinfoheader.biWidth*(bitmap->bitmapinfoheader.biBitCount/8) if (!(buffer = (UCHAR *)malloc(bytes_per_line*height))) return(0); memcpy(buffer,image,bytes_per_line*height);
Advertisement
Your problem is that you don''t check for padding bytes that may occur when the width of the bitmap is odd.

Use this:
  if(width % 2 == 0) {// Width is even, the texture can be loaded directly and then flipped    uint bufferLength = width * height;    uchar *buffer = new uchar[bufferLength];    // Read all data into the texture    stream.readBuffer(buffer, bufferLength);} else {    // Width is odd so there will be padding (extra bytes for proper memory alignment)     // in the bitmap.    // Bitmaps put the padding bytes at the end of each line			    uint bufferLength = (width + 1) * height;    uchar *buffer = new uchar[bufferLength];    // Read all data into the texture    stream.readBuffer(buffer, bufferLength);}  

-------homepage - email

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement