favorite text adventures/interactive fiction

Started by
11 comments, last by grine 22 years, 3 months ago
hi. what are your favorite interactive fiction games of all time? Mine are: - Virtua School - Spider & the Web - The Hitchhiker''s Guide to the Galaxy
If you invent a time machine and travel back and forward through time, what would happen if you travelled to the time when the Universe doesn''t exist anymore?
Advertisement
The Hobbit had a great parser for its time, and the Lord of the Rings was good in letting you stray from the path of the book to explore the world. (The only way you could feel that you were in Middle Earth, pre-Peter Jackson ) I also liked the Time and Magik trilogy: Lords of Time, Red Moon, and the Price of Magik. These were interesting games and, despite all having very different ''feels'' to them, actually worked well together as part of the greater story. And in more recent times, one game I played (and liked) on the PC was Jacaranda Jim, which was somewhat surreal.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]
Hitchhiker''s Guide to the Galaxy was a cool game. I''m proud to say I got out of the first room with no spoilers =p
Unfortunately I forgot to pick up mail or something and the house kept getting demolished so I gave up. I should try again sometime but all text adventures really annoy me. I''m not very patient =p
This is an easy choice for me, since I only played one of these for more than 5 minutes: Heist: The Crime of the Century.
The Spellcasting Series from Legend Entertainment. Fantastic games there.

ShadeStorm, the Day_Glo Fish
ShadeStorm, the Day_Glo Fish
I wonder why nobody mentioned "Zork" yet?
yah i still play zork sometimes

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
TRINITY
"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
Planetside? The game where you''re the Janitor left alive in the space station and have to control the robots.

R
Now after the advent of 3D, would you still sit down, play and enjoy a good text adventure/interactive fiction?

I''m only asking ''cause I''m trying my hand at making one with a friend.

http://envy.nu/anykey
www.freewebz.com/anykey

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement