BMP Texture problem

Started by
1 comment, last by Lode Runner 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi. Im trying to Load a BMP file and turn it into a texture, i dont realy know what im doing anyway when i map the texture to a polygon all that shows up are 1 pixel in the lowerleft corner. heres some code:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//CreateTexture()

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

int CreateTexture(char *Filename)
{
	BITMAPFILEHEADER FileHeader;
	BITMAPINFOHEADER InfoHeader;
	HANDLE hFile;

unsigned char *ImageBuffer;
	unsigned char tempRGB;
	unsigned int texture;

unsigned long BytesRead;

int width;
	int height;
	int bpp;

hFile = CreateFile(Filename,GENERIC_READ,FILE_SHARE_READ,NULL,OPEN_EXISTING,0,0);

if(hFile == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) MessageBox(NULL,"Could not open file","error",MB_OK);

ReadFile(hFile,&FileHeader,sizeof(BITMAPFILEHEADER),&BytesRead,NULL);
	ReadFile(hFile,&InfoHeader,sizeof(BITMAPINFOHEADER),&BytesRead,NULL);

width  = InfoHeader.biWidth;
	height = InfoHeader.biHeight;
	bpp    = InfoHeader.biBitCount;

ImageBuffer = new unsigned char[width*height*bpp/8];

ReadFile(hFile,ImageBuffer,sizeof(ImageBuffer),&BytesRead,NULL);

for (int loop = 0; loop < sizeof(ImageBuffer); loop+=3)
	{
		tempRGB = ImageBuffer[loop];
		ImageBuffer[loop] = ImageBuffer[loop + 2];
		ImageBuffer[loop + 2] = tempRGB;
	}

CloseHandle(hFile);

glGenTextures(1,&texture);
	glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D,texture);
	glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);
	glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);
	glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D,0,GL_RGB,width,height,0,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,ImageBuffer);

delete [] ImageBuffer;

return texture;
}

this code may be dead wrong,if so i hope you guys tell me thanks in advance Edited by - Lode Runner on January 28, 2002 11:28:55 PM Edited by - Lode Runner on January 28, 2002 11:31:23 PM
Advertisement
1 - You can''t use sizeof to determine the size of an array. You will need to store the size in a int and use that number. The current code probably only reads 4 bytes, hence the single pixel.

2 - Bitmaps come in several different flavors. You need to make sure you are only using one kind or check for the correct version. I assume you are only using 24bpp, but make sure.

The fanatic is incorruptible: if he kills for an idea, he can just as well get himself killed for one; in either case, tyrant or martyr, he is a monster.
--EM Cioran

Opere Citato
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson
ahh yes it works fine now
thanks GKW

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement