My first game is released. Please comment!

Started by
3 comments, last by SpaceRook 22 years, 2 months ago
Hello everyone. This is the second game I have written (the first was a Tetris clone), but it is the first I have put up on the web for any kind of feedback. It''s a Breakout clone with moving blocks, and I find it kinda addictive. I designed the game to be FAST, a throwback to the days when you couldn''t even spare the time to look at your score without getting shot or missing something. This only took me a week, so don''t expect Quake 4 or anything. I know I still have much to learn (the first of which is using resources in Visual C++!!!), so I''d like any comments. The game is compiled for Windows and DirectX 7. I have a 1.4 GHZ athlon with 392 MB of RAM and a Geforce 2, so I have NO IDEA how this is going to run on other systems. It does a lot of 2D stuff, but hopefully it isn''t too much of a memory hog. You can get the game here: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/lfour/PaperShredder/ Any comments appreciated. Post here or email me, I can take it
Advertisement
By the way, does anything think my game is good enough to get put on the GD Showcase? Is the game something I should include on a demo CD? Thanks.
Hey,

I really liked your game. The only issue missing from "arcade classics" are power ups. Make the game go faster, go slower, make your paddle bigger / smaller. All sorts of things.

Also, add a series of levels and replace -100 points with lives, so its more of a challenge.
cool design.. is a great game, go ahead!
Thanks for the replies everyone

The game is up on the GD Showcase now and can be downloaded here

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement