Welcome OS X

Started by
15 comments, last by Witchcraven 21 years, 11 months ago
Are you looking to do OS X or OS 9 development? OS X comes with the cc compiler (which is really gcc renamed). It also comes with a developer tools CD. Make sure you install that.

Edited by - poozer on February 14, 2002 2:52:52 AM
Advertisement
quote:Original post by wall
I installed OS X on my Mac a couple of weeks ago and it sure rocks!
Aqua is so neat!
BTW, is it possible to compile Mac applications on a PC? Cause I don''t have a compiler on my Mac. Also, if I would buy a compiler, is Code Warriors the way to go?

Use the developer tools. CodeWarrior is very, very nice unless you want to get down and dirty with Cocoa or textmode applications. But there''s nothing better for Carbon.
quote:Original post by Kwizatz
You mean you dont have the Mac looking ATX cases and monitors up there?
its a strange world we live in

Until they make a G4 case for PCs, I don''t want any of those coloured cases... hehehehe... BTW, I do like the G4 case, Oh and BTW, even Micro$haft''s staff think that apple should make an OS X port for Intel x86 processors. I hope Jobs will get the hing... I''d really like to see OS X on a PC.

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash
[Cyberdrek | ]
And your wishes have been heard. WELCOME!
quote:Original post by Witchcraven
Isnt all major computer hardware proprietery. You cant re-compile a CPU. NVIDIA does not release the secrets of nforce.

Waht it means is that Apple are the only ones to make Macs... Oh and the NVIDIA chipset is used by many many many OEM manufacturers for their cards....

Cyberdrek
danielc@iquebec.com
Founder
Laval Linux

[Cyberdrek | ]
quote:Original post by wall
I installed OS X on my Mac a couple of weeks ago and it sure rocks!
Aqua is so neat!
BTW, is it possible to compile Mac applications on a PC? Cause I don''t have a compiler on my Mac. Also, if I would buy a compiler, is Code Warriors the way to go?

If you want to use a good compiler for Macs, CodeWarrior is probably the best I know of. There might be some others that I don''t know of.

Cyberdrek
danielc@iquebec.com
Founder
Laval Linux

[Cyberdrek | ]
You do realize, of course, that the AP recycled this post too, right?

/me is starting to get ticked off at this AP, and wished he had moderator status.

rm -rf /bin/laden

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement