HELP!

Started by
9 comments, last by PsYcHoPrOg 24 years, 3 months ago
BigCarlito gave a good idea about writing a wrapper for Direct X. That is what I am programming now, but it is more than Direct X, it pretty much mask windows and it makes you almost think you are still programming DOS.

But if you just started, you have to learn how to create algorithms and code them. Try making a simple DOS menuing program, maybe for a fake store or something. Start by writting the specs(all the things you want it to do), then design a simple interface. I use to use flow charts to help me design algorithms. They really help you see what is going on. I still use them sometimes. Then take your flow chart and make it into a algorithm, or step by step top down design of what the program will do. Once you have a complete algorithm, it should be easy to code. I am saying to start with something simple, so you can learn how to put together a complete program. You need to be able to program and see the answers to problems. Once you get good at this, everything else will come easily.

As for memorization, I always have a book around, and I use the help documents, because most of the programmers I know, including me, can't remember a thing, so we need the doc so we have the syntax for the built in functions. Also, in windows programs, you will notice that the initialization code is the same or very similar for all of your stuff. Try making a template and just alter it.

Edited by - Domini on 2/10/00 1:40:48 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement