• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice for a sprite scaled space shooter

This topic is 5866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I''m planning to write a 2d space shooter, but I want to give it the 3d effect by using sprite scaling. Could u give me some general design and technical programming tips, especially with drawing the ground. I plan to use a ground that are made up of tiles of 16 by 16 pixels (or more dunno yet!) and I wanna know how to use that as the ground and give it the perspective look like in Mario type racers on Game Boy Advance. Also is there anything else I should keep in mind while designing this game. Oh yeah, what is the best way to manage enemies in the level and how large should a level be can it be a repetitive level? Any help would be great Dark Star UK

Advertisement
Hey, interesting that you have this idea. I have just barely started my own shooter, however, I am going to make it in 3D (using D3D, but it still being a 2D game) so that it can have a lot more effects. I am currently creating a skeleton for the game and drawing up some art to use. If you are interested in working together on this project, you can send me an e-mail at VChelaru@hotmail.com, or you can simply send me an Instant Message on AOL or AIM. My screen name is ImmigrantMarbles. I think it would be cool to work together, and I have some good ideas. Hope to hear from you.

--Vic--

Edited by - Roof Top Pew Wee on January 31, 2002 3:12:15 PM

If you''re serious about your game, use assembly language (at least).

• Advertisement