Advice for a sprite scaled space shooter

Started by
1 comment, last by Dark Star 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi guys, I''m planning to write a 2d space shooter, but I want to give it the 3d effect by using sprite scaling. Could u give me some general design and technical programming tips, especially with drawing the ground. I plan to use a ground that are made up of tiles of 16 by 16 pixels (or more dunno yet!) and I wanna know how to use that as the ground and give it the perspective look like in Mario type racers on Game Boy Advance. Also is there anything else I should keep in mind while designing this game. Oh yeah, what is the best way to manage enemies in the level and how large should a level be can it be a repetitive level? Any help would be great Dark Star UK
---------------------------------------------You Only Live Once - Don't be afriad to take chances.
Advertisement
Hey, interesting that you have this idea. I have just barely started my own shooter, however, I am going to make it in 3D (using D3D, but it still being a 2D game) so that it can have a lot more effects. I am currently creating a skeleton for the game and drawing up some art to use. If you are interested in working together on this project, you can send me an e-mail at VChelaru@hotmail.com, or you can simply send me an Instant Message on AOL or AIM. My screen name is ImmigrantMarbles. I think it would be cool to work together, and I have some good ideas. Hope to hear from you.

--Vic--

Edited by - Roof Top Pew Wee on January 31, 2002 3:12:15 PM
If you''re serious about your game, use assembly language (at least).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement