Im Stuck.

Started by
14 comments, last by mactabilis 22 years, 2 months ago
SIGMA, thanks a lot, but one (stupid) question, what do you mean by COM programming?
Advertisement
can anyone else answer what COM programming is.. may sound dumb but i just don''t know.
Learn OpenGL. COM is evil.

Seriously, COM stands for "Component Object Model." It''s basically a method of creating an interface which can then be easily updated without effect on earlier implementations (reverse compatibility). Of course, if you really wanted to know, you could do a search on Google, and all would be made clear.

The reason he mentioned COM is because DirectX is "based on" the COM.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[if you have a link proposal, email me.]

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

speaking of google, isnt it great? I searched MADxHATR and found myself asking about game programming in C++ with DOS DJGPP from 1998..
still reading.. so is COM basically multiple source files in one project? i never understood that. And should i actually stay away from it ?
Microsoft COM Technologies Homepage

And use Google a little more extensively. You can find a lot of answers to your questions that way. You might also want to check out the GDNet Resources page.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement