The FASTEST video card??

Started by
15 comments, last by Pyshkin 22 years, 2 months ago
A bit out of topic but what do you guys think would be the fastest video card in the world right now ?? And what extra graphic features does it have ?? (please don''t start a debate)
Advertisement
the fastest video card in the end-user world would be a geforce3 , but there are specific video cards like the glFire or some cards from Elsa, worth about +1000 US$ which are amazing for opengl.

glHorizon_Project

www.web-discovery.net

I might not have put my question right. GeForce doesn''t produce cards anymore and there many companies out there which make who knows what and call it geforce 3 just because it has gf3 chip in it. So what i want to know which company produces the fastest video card and what it is called.
Thanks
ginward gf3 550 is probably the fastest and most overclockable... if thats your thing =)

check em out, i think www.overclockers.co.uk/ sell them in the UK...

otherwise, www.anandtech.com has just done a gf2/gf3 round up

thanks

-jonnii
=========
jon@voodooextreme.com
www.voodooextreme.com
-jonnii=========jon@voodooextreme.comwww.voodooextreme.com
As of today (6th Feb 2k2), nVidia are releasing their GeForce 4 line of chips. That means that currently, the GeForce 4 Ti 4600 is the fastest card around, and is available from MSI, AOpen, Leadtek and eVGA (at present). Of course, as someone has already stated there are faster opengl specific cards out there, but they are wildly expensive.
It all depends on where you look. I know someone who picked up an entire workstation (dual p3-800, 16 dimm slots, 512meg ram, onboard sound & nic, HP fx6+ opengl video card) for around $1300 australian. The system retails for several times what he paid for it.

Catch is, the system didnt work when he bought it. Good thing is that HP replaced all the faulty hardware for free. So all in all he got a nice workstation for fairly cheap.

If you look for things like that you can pick up fast video cards fairly cheaply.

-----------------------
chain=chain->chain;
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Fastest Video Card? thats an easy one

it''d be the ATi Radeon 8500 Retail. Most features better raw performance and better IQ. Plus ATi might be releasing their R250 or R300 cores soon which will put them a step ahead. Also the ATi Radeon 8500 is cheaper the the GF3 Ti500 chip. A good place to ask about 3d Hardware would be www.slackercentral.com . Good place for info on hardware.
THANKS a lot people!!
quote:Original post by cd36
it''d be the ATi Radeon 8500 Retail. Most features better raw performance and better IQ. Plus ATi might be releasing their R250 or R300 cores soon which will put them a step ahead. Also the ATi Radeon 8500 is cheaper the the GF3 Ti500 chip. A good place to ask about 3d Hardware would be www.slackercentral.com . Good place for info on hardware.

Hell no, 3DLabs Wildcat 2 is WAY faster. That, and they dont have the INCREDIBLY POOR drivers that ati produce.

-----------------------
chain=chain->chain;
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
its really funny when ppl think that consumer level cards can even attempt to compete with industrial level cards. Pyshkin, you really should phrase your question better. you dont specify 2d or 3d (since some 2d video cards have ramdacs as fast or faster then 3d video cards). you also should mention if you want to restrict this to consumer level or not.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement