Good VC++ or C++ Sites?

Started by
4 comments, last by VoytekG 22 years, 2 months ago
Hey! Does anyone know of any good VC++ tutorial sites? Or can anyone please suggest what I should learn? Right now I know how to program classes, function, and in the Win32 Console window. I am learning File I/O. What should I learn next? I''ve been making video games in Visual Basic, but now I want to get to the harder stuff. Thanks, Voytek
http://www.liquidsoftware.cjb.netGames, apps, and more!
Advertisement
Go to either Nehe or NeXe found here and learn either DirectX or OpenGl. These two APIs will allow you to create 3d accelerated graphical programs (i.e. games)... with one of these under your belt, I'd suggest you try your hand at creating a highly object oriented 2d engine, it seems like the next logical step if you're as proficent as you made your previous post sound. If not, no biggie, just start easier, but eventually you do want to try to work up to a 2d engine, and then, in the very distant future , make the jump to 3d.
Good luck,
-Jesse

Edited by - Aphelion on February 21, 2002 10:35:54 PM
| The Hitchhiker''s Guide to Programming |"That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die."-H.P. Lovecraft
www.codeguru.com
www.programmersheaven.com
www.cplusplus.com

gametutorials.com has some kick ass tuts.
Well, that was a waste of 2 minutes of my life. Now I have to code faster to get 'em back...
quote:Original post by VoytekG
Hey!
Does anyone know of any good VC++ tutorial sites? Or can anyone please suggest what I should learn? Right now I know how to program classes, function, and in the Win32 Console window. I am learning File I/O. What should I learn next? I''ve been making video games in Visual Basic, but now I want to get to the harder stuff.
Thanks,
Voytek

Just as a side note for you, VC++ is not a language, it''s an IDE. The language is either C or C++.

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash
[Cyberdrek | ]
Yes, VC++ is an IDE, but you will still find many tutorials for it. They explain how to use certain features and create macros etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement