Strange DirectDraw error

Started by
8 comments, last by Dreq 20 years, 2 months ago
Ok i''ve been stumped for monthes (literally!). I can''t seem to get DirectDraw to work for anything! Every DirectX tutorial produces the SAME error: G:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\LIB\ddraw.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x389bc689 ddraw.lib is there... It freaks when i say this: ddrval = DirectDrawCreate( NULL, &lpDD, NULL ); Yes i defined lpDD and ddrval, but still nothing! I''m using MVC5, so if anyone has a clue, please let me know! "Mommy, where do microprocessors come from?"
"Mommy, where do microprocessors come from?"
Advertisement
Did you set your compiler''s search path to locate DirectX files?
---Will DDR for food.
quote:Original post by Dreq
cannot seek to 0x389bc689

Seems to me that your ddraw.lib is corrupted. Try reinstalling the SDK, or just find that file and copy it over to your .lib directory.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Well the only SDK i have is DX8, and the others came with MVC5 (At least mine did :\)... I guess i''m stuck with OpenGL then... (DX8 did the same thing, and i''ve reinstalled both the SDK AND MVC itself... and yes the headers and libs and thigns are all in the search path.

hi taiwanese, upgrade your vc5.0 to vc6.0
Oh yeah, I''m just going to skip down to the local software store and purchase VC6... I''m 16 so i''m not exactly frolicking in money... I guess i''ll use a small window using bitblit.

taiwan number 1

- Visual C/C++ 5 compatibility in DirectX 8.0 depends on Service Pack 3
for Visual Studio 97. If you see the following errors:
"fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x389bc8bf"
"Internal error during Pass1"
then you need to upgrade your Visual C/C++ 5 installation. Service packs
for Visual Studio can be found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/sp/vs97.
You said the headers and libs were in the search path. Does this mean you clicked Tools | Options, and entered a new search path pointing to the SDK directory? If so, then that's your problem, since it's using the libs in the VC\Lib directory. You'd need to copy the SDK files into the vc\include and vc\lib directories.

[edit] Nevermind, that last Anon post was written while I was writing mine, but it seems to be the answer. [/edit]

~CGameProgrammer( );

Edited by - CGameProgrammer on February 24, 2002 8:12:08 PM

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Thank you, you have made my day! Neh, my week!

I need help!!! when I try to test my Direct x thingy I keep getting this error.....DxDiag Error: Error: Problem getting extra display info, result code = 0x887600de (No DirectDraw Support) someone please help me and get back with me on this. Than you, Derrick.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement