Let me introduce myself...

Started by
19 comments, last by Tom007 22 years, 2 months ago
Hey everyone! I just signed up to the GameDev.net forums and I thought I should introduce myslef to you fine people Well, my name''s Tom, I''m 14 and come from Wrexham, North Wales. I bought a book on C++ and I''m currently reading that and learning SDL. Again, nice to meet you all, Tom ______________________________ "Isn''''t it strange that that pig only had one nipple..." - Richard Richard, An Arse Oddity.
______________________________"Isn''t it strange that that pig only had one nipple..." - Richard Richard, An Arse Oddity.
Advertisement
Hi Tom,

Welcome to the interesting and sometimes bewildering world of amateur game development. This is probably the largest online community for that field of interest, and there are loads of people here who know a lot about a lot. (Also loads of people who know nothing about a lot!!)

Feel free to ask for help - most are very friendly. As with any massive gathering of people, you will have an amount of nice people, angry people, sad people, freaks, psychos, idiots.

So, as a very successful executive once said to me, ''Surround yourself with the right people, and you will go far.''

Geez, I wish I was 14 when I started with programming.

We know nothing
Hi Tom,

welcome :-) And have fun. :D

Like Lythic said this is a great community and you can learn programming here.

I started with the tutorials from Nehe and now you can find me also here on this forum.

But I shall introduce myself :D I''m Wouter de Kort and I live in Holland. I''m 16 years old and I started with programming about 1.5 year ago.

Good luck :D

Wouter
Hi Tom!

Well the others put it well, so i''m stuck for anything apart from to say good luck and have fun

P.S, i can see your house from here :D
Welcome Tom!

Lythic - very nice summary of the community.

Have Fun!

/Fredrik Olsson
quote:Original post by Zanthos
Hi Tom!

Well the others put it well, so i'm stuck for anything apart from to say good luck and have fun

P.S, i can see your house from here :D

Where you from, mate?

"Isn''t it strange that that pig only had one nipple..." - Richard Richard, An Arse Oddity.

Edited by - Tom007 on February 24, 2002 9:05:15 AM
______________________________"Isn''t it strange that that pig only had one nipple..." - Richard Richard, An Arse Oddity.
quote:Original post by Lythic
Hi Tom,

Welcome to the interesting and sometimes bewildering world of amateur game development. This is probably the largest online community for that field of interest, and there are loads of people here who know a lot about a lot. (Also loads of people who know nothing about a lot!!)

Feel free to ask for help - most are very friendly. As with any massive gathering of people, you will have an amount of nice people, angry people, sad people, freaks, psychos, idiots.

So, as a very successful executive once said to me, ''Surround yourself with the right people, and you will go far.''

Geez, I wish I was 14 when I started with programming.

We know nothing

This is actually one of the most helpful forums I''ve ever seen (I get questions answered within a day at the outside). Welcome aboard!

Oh yea, and is it bad that I didn''t crack a programming book til I was 20?

Hi and welcome too Tom! we''re all here trying to help each other to become game developers someday,

Lythic: why when did you start then? me i tried starting at the age of 15, on and off, i was stuck to text all along, i didn''t know where to go next after reading a c/c++ book!

revshannon, well, i don''t think so or else it''s too late for us, i think we can still do it!
http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
Mickey: I started when I was 8 in VB. But then I was really jong to programming something :-)

So I played games for a couple of years and I started again when I was 15. I''m no 16 and it''s going perfect :-) I''m learning more and more and I''ve finished my ''first'' game :D

age 6, C64, bouncing ball thingy
(actually it was printed in back of the manual, but still )
_______________________ http://mill.3dfxsweden.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement