C or C++ (Move on or stay) ??

Started by
4 comments, last by av 22 years, 1 month ago
Like all the others here i too am an aspiring game developer. my question is that should i learn the basics of c and move on to c++ or should i delve further and deeper into c. the current book that i am using is "C - the complete reference" by Herbert Schildt where he explains a bit of c in the start!! so should i learn the fundamentals of c and then move on to c++ or shouls i go deeper into C ??
G-A-M-I-N-G (Tht's how u spell LIFE) !!
Advertisement
just go deeper on both,
just go deeper on both,
http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
I would say move on to C++, C++ is actually easier than C in my opinion

If you care about her/him, you''''ll listen
If you love her/him, you''''ll heal his/her wounds
If you like her/him, you''''ll do all of the above, and help her/him in need

A person who cares is a person who never speaks
First thing you have to know is that C++ is a superset of C, which means that C++ extends C by adding wrappers (classes) and related keywords (access specifiers, new, delete, static_cast, reinterpret_cast, friend, template, ...)
Off course there are changes added to C, such as
type casting rules and the boolean type to name a few.
You must be aware of the fact that you can translate C++ code into C equivalent, which in turn implies that C is object oriented.
Go on with C++ and deepen your knwoledge, and be aware of major differences between C and C++, which are all related to how the C++ compiler interpret things. Beer in mid that a C++ compiler compiles pure code (no C++ specific keywords) and the opposite is false.

To name good books:
*** C++ How to Program by Deitel.
*** The C++ Programming Language.
*** And the MSDN C++ Language Reference.

Enjoy learning and coding.

Tx for ur replies. i have decided to learn the basics of c and then move on to c++ and yeah ia am gonna go into it deeply.

:- aV
G-A-M-I-N-G (Tht's how u spell LIFE) !!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement