Faster Blting

Started by
0 comments, last by Tyorl 22 years ago
""___________________________________________________________"" I have been trying to make blting go faster but it doesnt seem to work (i'm trying to avoid directx for now). At the moment I am Blting from a Buffer hDC to the standard hDC but it is very slow. (I'm using stretchblts because the pictures arent perfectly straight) Some people have told me to use BltPrepare and BltComplete but I dont know how to use those. If anyone has any ideas, please submit them. ""___________________________________________________________"" ""___________________________________________________________"" ""___________________________________________________________"" ""___________________________________________________________"" ""___________________________________________________________"" ""___________________________________________________________"" Secure Hole!
Advertisement
a bit of the wrong forum, but here goes:

stretchdibs is slow. why not "straighten" your images so you dont need to use stractblits. switch to dibs and do all blits yourself using memory you malloc/new then use SetDIBitsToDevice() to blit to the screen. ANY standard gdi function can cause the gdi to do pixel conversions slowing things down a lot. i have gotten great speeds using the gdi and dibs. also explain why you need to use stretchblits in more detail. what have you tried? maybe you should make all your images the same color depth as your desktop to help ensure that the gdi dont need to do color conversions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement