Help with AccelGraphics card

Started by
-1 comments, last by GarlandIX 22 years ago
I have an 8mb AccelSTAR II card and i don''t seem to be able to use Direct3D 8 on it. Direct3D 7 works fine, it is only Direct3D 8 that doesn''t work. Basically, whenever i try to run a program that uses it, I get errors setting the screen mode, initializing D3D, etc. Not a single D3D8 program works on my computer. So, i was wondering if anyone knows why i might be having these problems and how to fix them(if it''s possible). I have no idea why and after much STFWing I am still clueless as to why this happens. p.s. If it helps, here is what happened when i ran dxDiag.exe: Direct3D test results: Failure at step 5 (GetDeviceCaps): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available). Now right before this, it did the test using the DirectX 7 interfaces and worked perfectly, so it is only DirectX8 that causes these problems. ------------------------------ BASIC programmers don''t die, they just GOSUB and don''t return.
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement