unresolved external symbol?

Started by
1 comment, last by necreia 22 years ago
Every time I try to run my ccube.cpp file to draw a 3d cube in direct 3d, I get this as a responce, and im confused at how to fix it, any help? --------------------Configuration: CCube - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... CCube.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectDrawCreateEx@16 CCube.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl D3DUtil_SetProjectionMatrix(struct _D3DMATRIX &,float,float,float,float)" (?D3DUtil_SetProjectionMatrix@@YAJAAU_D3DMATRIX@@MMMM@Z) CCube.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl D3DUtil_SetViewMatrix(struct _D3DMATRIX &,struct _D3DVECTOR &,struct _D3DVECTOR &,struct _D3DVECTOR &)" (?D3DUtil_SetViewMatrix@@YAJAAU_D3DMATRIX@@AAU_D3DVECTOR@@11@Z) CCube.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeGetTime@0 nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex Debug/CCube.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. CCube.exe - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Advertisement
Check the includes. Make sure you''re including the proper libraries for the program, and have everything set up right in the library path for your compiler.
ahh yes thank you, appears im missing the DirectX Media SDK (I have the normal one), anyone know where I can download the media one at? or at least the d3d libs

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement