3D Asteroids is seeking beta testers!

Started by
7 comments, last by a1studmuffin 22 years ago
Hi everyone, I''ve been slaving my butt off over the past month doing a true 3D flight-sim-style asteroids game, and have gotten to the stage where I need beta testers and opinions galore. What sucks? What rocks? What''s missing? What''s unnecessary? Any feedback would be much appreciated. I figured GameDev would be the best place to ask since everyone is probably into game development as a profession or hobby You can download it (5.5mb) here: Asteroids Thanks everyone, please be as detailed as you can with criticisms heheheh - Michael
--------------------------www.4bitterguys.com
Advertisement
Astonishing!

Very nice game, specially the gfx rock. What I don't like is that my mousepad gets too small when I try firing at an ufo which is flying around me in close circles. But apart from that it's great... looks by far better than early versions of Wing Commander *g*.

------------------------------------------------------------
"To a computer, chaos is just another kind of order."

[edited by - Profus on May 5, 2002 12:45:56 PM]
------------------------------------------------------------"To a computer, chaos is just another kind of order."
70 Thumbs up if i had that many LOL

Excelent grapics bases, good sounds, very smooth running, excelently programmed man. one or two suggestions, get rid of that damn picture on the dash and have an accelerator bar to show how fast you are going and when you are slowing down

again man, Great!

-----------------------------
Im a Noob but i am willing to learn
-----------------------------Im a Noob but i am willing to learn-----------------------------
Very awesome, excellent, cool! The only thing that drives me nuts is trying to shoot the alien, it''s impossible! Also, when you accelerate and shoot, you take damage from your bullets because you are traveling faster than they are! Excellent game though.
The problem with travelling faster than your bullets seems to only happen when the round initially starts. If you hold the accelleration button and fire button as soon as a round starts you should see what I''m talking about. If you play for a minute or so and try to accellerate and shoot, it seems to work properly, the bullets are traveling in front of the ship and not causing damage. I have tried this on the Normal difficulty only so I don''t know if it would happen on other difficulties.
Sorry about the laser acceleration zap thing - there''s a new patch at http://www.4bitterguys.com/michael/asteroids which fixes that. The next version will now feature:

An accelerator HUD display

I might make the AI do a more "swoop" technique than what it uses, that should help

Also a menu option:
KATIE HOLMES ON/OFF

Thanks for the feedback guys, next version will be out in a week or so, will contain a much nicer GUI If anyone else has any more feedback let me know!!
YAY katie will be gone lol...

a new GUI will be awesome!

LOL sorry for waisting your time checkin it

Im a Noob but i am willing to learn
-----------------------------Im a Noob but i am willing to learn-----------------------------
Woa... GFX/Animation are SWEET!

I really like how you put a leader on the asteroids so I know where to fire.

Yeah, I ran into the problem too--if I fly too fast, my own shots hit me. I died more than once because of that.

That enemy ship is IMPOSSIBLE to get away from, much less hit it!

Nice job on the 'intermission'... that was funny.

[edited by - Teric on May 7, 2002 10:04:57 AM]
I am always open to feedback, positive or negative...
So who''s got the highest score so far?

I''ve got a measly 89,949. I''m far too sick of playing it to try and get better than that. heheheh

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement