I desperately need help please read

Started by
12 comments, last by dssephiroth 21 years, 10 months ago
Ok Im just gettting into my one game development, I already got the idea setup and now it''s just about developing it. I want to make a online multiplayer game. So far I only have Microsoft visual c++ 6.0 and dont even know how to use it. I want the game to be 3-d cell shading also im totally lost please teach me anybody. I''ve been hearing about directx and all these other stuff and dont now what to do. I want to make it a windows application (dos sucks) and need to make a login screen I''m pathetic aren''t I? I''m just a lost blind sheep looking for a shepard. PLEASE HELP ME
Advertisement
Start Here
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
baby steps.
you have to learn to crawl before you can walk.
you have to learn to walk before you can run.

1)Start by learning C++.
Write simple console games like black jack.
2)Move onto a simple Windows application
Rewrite your simple games in an event driven window.
3)Dive into DirectX or OpenGL
Write a simple game with 2D graphics (i.e. tetris)
4)Start on simple 3d programming...

you get the idea.
I tried it now im confused more
quote:Original post by dssephiroth

I want to make it a windows application (dos sucks)

...You need to learn basic programming first, API is very complicated if you dont even know about the different data types.. and as far as a 3d game goes.. plan on learning for a few years.. start small and work your way big
invective thanks but can you tell me what programs I need and send tutorials if you have any to dssephiroth@yahoo.com
I want to learn how to make 3d cellshading as soon as possible
and online multi player stuff
lol kid, you''ve got a few years ahead of you before you can start that
What''s cell shading?

By the way, Thinking in C++ is a great book, and it''s free. But you should probably find some tutorials to read first. Try searching google. Once you start to grasp the concepts, download Thinking in C++ at http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html . I really like this book because it introduces object oriented programming and helpful objects early on.

Anyway, good luck.
Go to the link I posted and read it slowly.
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement