BATTLE MODE

Started by
15 comments, last by bdc256 21 years, 10 months ago
hpox: you know, it''s weird, but I did find that easier to read.
Advertisement
Good! I'm happy my contribution was helpful.

bdc256, Can we have the numbers ? It would be helpful to see the total numbers of voters and the percentage each features got. Also, I don't know why but "custimazation" just cracks me up.

[edited by - hpox on June 11, 2002 4:28:31 PM]
I read your post, and the first thing that came to mind was a topdown 2d multiplayer game. Tanks or men or somthing like that, I like the tanks idea.

You could have your innitial download where the player gets the game, and the basic customisible pack. In this pack are say 20 weapons bmps and 50 bullets and explotions. The user hops online and fires up his game...

Players:
Bob the Consumer(herto knowen as ''Bob'')
Bob''s mouse pointer.
Bob''s uponent Jn00b9999999

Act 1
---------------------------------------------------------------

Bob: "I think I will host a game"
(clicks host on control panel)

Bob: "What the heck, I''ll make my own map"
(clicks "Custom map". Editor opens up. ## camera close up of editor##)

---Here is the fun part---
Bob selects 32x32 as a map size, and proceds to make his map.

Browsing over to the tiles section he selects the "Lava" tile set. By simple dragging and dropping tiles he begins to fill in his map. All tiles are pre made, and are numbered with a hexidecimal number. Bob finnishes making the lava section of his map,(12x5 tiles) and selects the "water" tile set. he Hums happily as he uses the simple and easy map editor. The water section is done, then the earth section. Now he begins to place the special tiles.

Special tiles include
Spawn points
Weapon spawn points(customizible for what weapon comes, random for all weapons or just 2 or three)
Shields, health and other things.

All go in fast and easy, and soon Bob is done.
Bob passes on editing the weapons and weapons dammage because he knows that weapon set 15 out of a total of 30 will fit his kneeds just fine.

Bob: "Oh look, Jn00b9999999 is online. Maybe he will play with me on my new map.
(bob saves his map in the ((to bad pocket tankes is already taken)) small tankes folder. He begins to chat with Jn00b9999999 in the easy to use chat section of the small tankes ''net feature.

Bob: "Hey 9999999! I just made a new map! wanna play?"

Jn00b9999999: "w00tever man. Then we can play one of my new ones."

Bob: "Cool"
bob selects his new map, and clicks "Sync ''em".
Jn00b9999999''s computer recieves the small 15k textfile and waits.
Bob''s computer starts the game...

-------------------------------------------------------------
end act one

The only people who can make weapons packs and map tile packs are the publishers. They should release a new big one once a month. The mod community can submit thier tiles, and the makers will put the good ones in a pack.

Well, is that feasable? if so then act 2 will come

Keep Shining

Ultimate Power Leads To Ultimate Corruption
(I can''''t remember who said that)
Keep ShiningUltimate Power Leads To Ultimate Corruptionhttp://soldat.ionichost.com
Sometimes I wish I could walk around town in BATTLE MODE.
The_Lantern: sounds reasonable to me. Might also be nice for each player to be able to save (on server or locally) their own weapons, etc., and those could also be picked through my the developers and released in update packs. There should be a standard format for weapon icons anyway (say, standard 32x32 or 64x64 bitmaps), and players could use those--the creator would automatically see it, any opponents would have the option of either downloading the icon or using a default one provided in the developers packs.
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
Some one ask for the numbers.Well I posted on 9 difrent sites and combined them so if one person answered one all or a bunch of times one one they would be inacuate.
note:some people listed multiple chooces as favorite.
total votes(june 12) 292
custom maps - 102
custom weapond damadge 74
custom victory conditions 55
custom object speeds 43
custom gravity 32
all the above 7
non too hard to setup 1

What I mean by custimization:
any constant number
any game var(sutch as player2.health)
an equation even as complex as
((player1.health+player2.score)/(player4.xpos-player3.sheild)
or even a simple script to determain it''s value

Oh i forgot.Someone mention tanks, why not let them decide:
person on foot(no vehicles)
vehicle only
person on foot vehicle on map
person in vehicles but can get out

Also another option.Number of points(for each diffrent weapond)

Another Crazy Mode I would want them to be able to create.
You always fire your current weapond
unlimited ammo
self frags you lose points
kill anyone but next target lose point(killed guy gets one)

or this one

Npcs appear at pre-defined spots on map you race to kill them
They respawen every certain amount
You kill your way though to the goal(you win if your their first have killed all points)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement