1 msg 2 msg 3...lost

Started by
81 comments, last by KalvinB 21 years, 9 months ago
TheMuuj... TCP is not built on top of UDP, it''s (usually) built on top of IP (thus TCP/IP). UDP is also built on top of IP.

-Mike
-Mike
Advertisement
Uhuh... so although you''ve stated that staying strictly on-topic is never appreciated, there''s been plenty of people that seem much more well informed about the subjects discussed in this thread that have brought up other things. Seems like a bit of an inconsistency, doesn''t it? Either everyone else is wrong, or you may have to reevaluate your view of message boards a little.
Kalvin, most of the recent additions to this thread have probably been by people looking solely for the entertainment benefit of watching you rant. Let it drop already.

Unless of course you''re a troll and are having a good time with your ranting then, by all means, knock yourself out.

-Mike
-Mike
"Kalvin, most of the recent additions to this thread have probably been by people looking solely for the entertainment benefit of watching you rant"

Probably. Considering the distinct lack of anything intelligent to say by said people, there''s really no other explaination.

"Unless of course you''re a troll and are having a good time with your ranting then,"

Telling trolls off for being trolls isn''t the least bit troll like. It''s not like I''m trying to bait people. I''m just telling them my opinion of them and their stupidity.

"Let it drop already."

Yeah. It should be kind of a "duh" thing that if people are looking for an answer to a question they should post their question in an appropriatly titled thread with the appropriate subject to attract the appropriate people to offer the appropriate responses so they recieve the appropriate answer.

Posting UDP questions in an obviously TCP thread is just kind of an obviously stupid way to try to find answers. But it''s an effective way to let people know you''re there to be an asshole if you ever need them. If I''m ever looking for trolls, I know who to call.

Well, I''m bored. I''ve got work to do as outlined in my post like 3 pages ago that caused so much stress for "a person."

Ben

IcarusIndie.com [ The Rabbit Hole | The Labyrinth | DevZone | Gang Wars | The Wall | Hosting | Dot Com ]
quote:
"you must realize that you DONT understand TCP and UDP as will as you think."

Correct, but that doesn''t change the fact I''m looking for TCP solutions. I know enough about UDP and TCP to know that TCP is what I''m going to be using for this project. If you don''t agree with that decision then fine. But that doesn''t change the fact that I''m looking for help on TCP.

from the first page.

fingh, dont worry i wont mention your name again

KalvinB, i have showed you were i interpretted agreement on your part about not fully understanding TCP and UDP. thus there is not much left to say in this thread.

though a discussion of UDP could be started here if others want. again since this is a thread on a gamedev.net forum the resource dont belong to KalvinB as he thinks. you want to own the resource? create your own forum. also KalvinB your title for the thread is "1 msg 2 msg 3... lost" thus is dealing specifically with lost messages. this can be dropped UDP packets or in your case a mishandling of the TCP stream data.
Man, i still can''t believe you''re still so worked up because someone said the equivalent of "By the way, this is one of the reasons that TCP is not so good for time-sensitive data." I bet you probably throw a massive tantrum if you go to McDonalds, order a burger, and they say "Would you like fries with that?" "OMGWTF??!?! FRIES?!?!?! DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT FRIES!??!!?!?"
It''s very amusing watching this thread, i can just imagine you sitting there with your fingers in your ears, your eyes squeezed shut, yelling "NA NA NA NA NA NA" so you can''t hear/see what anyone else is actually saying, unless it''s exactly what you want to hear.
Keep up the good work, there is precious little comedy left on the internet!!... Well not really, but funny nonetheless.
"i have showed you were i interpretted agreement on your part about not fully understanding TCP and UDP."

Yup, you blew it out of proportion in subsequent posts.

There''s very little I don''t know about UDP and TCP. But of course since I said I didn''t understand it "fully" (which is true) you decided I didn''t know much at all.

I suggest asking before going on an on about what you assume someone doesn''t know.

It''s incredibly obnoxious.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com [ The Rabbit Hole | The Labyrinth | DevZone | Gang Wars | The Wall | Hosting | Dot Com ]
AP:

Offering fries and assuming I don''t know something and then going on and on about it are two different things.

Ben

What was the point of this thread again?

Dire Wolf
www.digitalfiends.com
[email=direwolf@digitalfiends.com]Dire Wolf[/email]
www.digitalfiends.com
dunno, but now i''m hungry.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement