Math/Physics Courses

Started by
1 comment, last by sab3156 21 years, 5 months ago
Hey. I am in 10th grade, and am currently taking advanced algebra 2 and advanced geometry. i am pretty good at math, and was wondering if there are ANY summer workshops (at, say, Digipenn??) that i can participate in that will really increase my mathemetics and physics knowledge. Another thing. are there any really good math and physics books? i want one that primarily has to do with 3D and game programming and the like.
Air-Conditioners are like computers. They stop working when you open windows.
Advertisement
There is Physics for Game Developers, but I don''t know how good it is.

You should read the Articles and Resources section carefully. I''m sure that you will learn a lot. There isn''t that much math involved in 3D graphics, and it''s pretty well covered there.

Good luck,

Cédric
Bourg's book ("Physics for Game Developers") might be a decent read for a 10th grader. I'd say its worth the $30 or whatever to see. It ain't great, but its not bad either.

There is another book, "Game Physics" coming out next month, by Dave Eberly. A table of contents is available at www.wild-magic.com. Click the "books" tab at the top. I imagine Dave's book will be more in depth, but also more difficult to actually use. His writing style is less tutorial and more reference-like.

Not sure what digipen has to offer. You might to want to look into the gameinstitute online courses:

https://www.gameinstitute.com/gi/

The courses are cheaper by far than digipen would be, and you can access them from anywhere. Not sure if they'd be too fast paced or not. I know one person who has taken a few of these courses, and found them to be useful and educational. There is a course on Game Mathematics...

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

[edited by - grhodes_at_work on November 23, 2002 4:02:35 PM]
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement