Mini-Demo Contest

Started by
106 comments, last by _DarkWIng_ 21 years, 3 months ago
Your guys are right. Let see what I can do with these solids...
Advertisement
Im thinking of entering.. however theres a little snag stopping me atm.

My current video card doesnt support OpenGL

Had to send my radeon9500 back, cause it was pants, and the replacement hasnt arrived yet, though it *should* arrive tomorrow. Got someone sending me up a gf2mx to use until I get a decent card of my own again as well, and it should also be arriving tomorrow.

I want to enter this contest (I totally missed the last one... didnt even realise it was on!) but I cant yet

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
At the very worst case, you can use ''Microsoft Genereic GDI'', that is MESA Software Renderer which works pretty well as long as you don''t use OpenGL1.2+ features. It''s a bit slow, but for coding and testing purposes it is quite decent.
I''m thinking of entering,.. just one problem, my harddrive crashed yesterday.... luckily it had a 3 year warranty so i already have a new one, but it does mean i have to reinstall *everything* (which is a lot).......

Oh well,....
--------<a href="http://www.icarusindie.com/rpc>Reverse Pop Culture
I want to enter, but considering I haven''t even got past texturing a cube yet I don''t think I will have enough time to learn enough to make a nice demo, and to code it.
I think i''ll enter, just for the heck of it, its allmost done but i have to add a scroller(just gotta love em).
and make a better object or two to display.
and perhaps something more.
Can we use AllegroGL to make this demo? I wanted to use AllegroGL because I cant get the GLut libraries to work on my Linux box, and that I dont like OpenGL''s keyboard routines.

Another thing, I do have to provide a windows port, correct?
mmx87
umm, OpenGL doesn''t have keyboard routines. anyways, I might enter if it''s a short contest.

My Homepage
Freeservers.com sucks. Angelfire.lycos.com is cool.
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Ah.. nice sdl takes 400kb, 100kb to play around with =)
vincoof: I''m on linux now, so the cross-platform bit is the only reason for using it .

One question about the size limits. He said he doesn''t care about the size of the source. The SDL libs are included as source right? so the only thing taking up part of the 500kb is the DLL, right?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement