please test rally car v2

Started by
40 comments, last by ctoa 21 years, 2 months ago
1 - I asked my friends about the speed on my computer and they said it''s too slow...

2 - I multiply the engine torque with time step(dT) -> it''s wrong and causing the car slow to accelerate on fast computers.
Advertisement
I got 75 fps with vsync on, on a:
P4 2.0 Ghz
256 mb ram
64mb GF4 Ti4200

It was funny, I drove off the edge and got to 2,000,000 Kph, and the tires started falling off and the car started to shake
ok i have tested it on my brothers celeron 500/tnt2
IT ran at like 18 fps with a dT of 0.04
IT was as slow as mine if not slower.
good thing i put it in this forum..
75 fps (constantly) on a
P3 866, GForce4

the ''dT'' flickers but i think it''s 0.1 - 0.2,does that sound correct?

anyway, like others said it feels too slow, but it''s a really cool demo and i hope u put some sound in soon!
Strange... everyone else''s fps''s are really good... I have a very nice computer, 256 MB Ram, Pentium 4 1.2 Ghz, Nvidia 64 MB Geforce 3(i think) and I''m getting 1 FPS.... Maybe I just need to restart my comp.
Problem on my machine - I have

Athlon XP 2000+
Geforce 4 TI 4600
512M DDR RAM
Win XP home

and the car just rolls backwards off the road. I can''t get it to work at all, although the left and right seem OK (I can steer as I go back!!!)

It may be because the DT is reporting as 0.000.

Mmmm... I''m getting about 230fps by the way.
WOW! awesome++
50-100fps
pentium III 800
Geforce2
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
LOL THIS THING IS HILARIOUS!!!!! Oh my god. When I went off the end of the course it started picking up speed like crazy... I assume you''re making gravity make the wheels turn (kind of strange, you might want to fix it) well anyways, i started going so fast the car started loosing its structural integrity!!! First one wheel started splitting off of the car, then it all started shaking, more and more violently, and then after a couple more seconds it was just jumping all over the screen!!! LOL it was hilarious!!!

The control for the car is sooo much improved, my half brother would love this game. You can just drift around the corners. The only problem is the speed of the car. It says 150 km/h but it feels like a snail with wheels.

Umm... The person who was getting 230 fps... i think you couldn''t move because it was reading 0 seconds between each frame, and so then was dividing the movement by 0 or something....

ctoa: You might want to try to rescript it so it checks if you''re pressing forward once every millisecond or something, and then calculate the movement seperate from the acceleration. Also a FPS cap would stop the problem the person with 230 fps got.
Oh, and i was getting 60 fps after restart... I think it was all screwy before because I had had my computer on for so long with photoshop and counterstrike and stuff.... And also maybe since I ran it out of the zip file (i think it extracts it to the temp folder but i''m not exactly sure...)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement