Does Bloodshed Compiler work?

Started by
9 comments, last by homersimpson645 21 years, 2 months ago
Does Bloodshed compiler really work? When I try it, iostream.h and cout do not work. I have heard of this happening before with other free compilers. Is there a way to get around this bug? Should I find another free compiler? Or should I get Visual Studio? The Hobo King
LevelguyCurrent Project: Upgrade to Visual C++.NET25%
Advertisement
Dev C++ uses the same compiler which is also used for the Linux Project
So it is very unlikely that it doesn''t work
Should I go with another compiler?

The Hobo King
LevelguyCurrent Project: Upgrade to Visual C++.NET25%
I didn't have any problems with Dev C++ until now.
But try including iostream instead of iostream.h
Maybe that will help. Dunno though

[edited by - rizman on February 28, 2003 8:13:36 AM]
you mean the window, flashes and goes away?
first: "not work".
what could that be? errors? installation problem? window flashes and disappears?

Try to at least describe your problem better than "does not work".

.lick
If it flashes and goes away... You may just have to pause the system before continuing....

Add this
system("Pause");
just above return 0; and that should allow you to see your cout.
I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
no thats not it the newest version of MinGW that it comes with has a problem with its directories. what you should do is copy

(dev install folder)\include\c++\mingw32\bits

to

(dev install folder)\include\c++\bits

that will fix everything and btw bloodshed is really good!

plus if you need more help visit the bloodshed forums at http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=48211

[edited by - Yohumbus on February 28, 2003 8:33:18 PM]
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
Upon trying to #include <iostream.h>, here''s the message I get:
quote:C:/<installation path>/include/c++/3.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
...does that really need any more explanation?
quote:Original post by Beer Hunter
Upon trying to <tt>#include <iostream.h></tt>, here''s the message I get:
C:/<installation path>/include/c++/3.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
…does that really need any more explanation?

This error doesn''t have anything to do with DevC++. It has to do with the MingW being updated to be fully compliant with ANSI C++.

In ANSI C++ the use of include directives with .h extentions is no longer allowed. Instead of #inlcude<iostream.h> you must use:

#include<iostream>

using namespace std;
quote:Original post by Beer Hunter
[This is how the compiler responds to using outdated headers. Surely it explains itself quite well enough already?]
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
[You''re using outdated headers. That''s bad - don''t do it.]
Are you feeling okay?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement