Please test my RTS game - Pax Solaris

Started by
119 comments, last by Diodor 20 years, 2 months ago
I really like the real-time risk stradegy. Very original idea. I agree that it could use some more sound to further imersify the player, but other than that, it is amazing! props for getting that ''finished''

Dwiel
Advertisement
Fun & addictive, very original idea - I like this game too.
Respect.
Most impressed - will post comments later
BTW, Diodor, I hope you ll be pleased to know your game was on the CD of a French mag called PC Team. And got quite a nice review there

I thought it was a nice concept, although I have to say the colour coding is a bit annoying to remember (although it *does* make sense).

Maybe having some sort of icon appearing next to a star when you hover on it so that you get a quick reminder of the special property of a particular coloured star ?

Anyway, pretty cool game overall

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Shouldn''t this thread be closed by now?

And who is this anonymous necromancer? I can only assume that it''s the same schmuck resurrecting all these ancient threads and contributing absolutely nothing to them, promises of later contributions notwithstanding.
quote:Original post by ahw
BTW, Diodor, I hope you ll be pleased to know your game was on the CD of a French mag called PC Team. And got quite a nice review there

I didn't know that Cool!

quote:
I thought it was a nice concept, although I have to say the colour coding is a bit annoying to remember (although it *does* make sense).

Maybe having some sort of icon appearing next to a star when you hover on it so that you get a quick reminder of the special property of a particular coloured star ?

The bonus of each star color is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen when you select a star. I think if I make tool-tips appear on the map it may become annoying for the advanced player who doesn't need them anymore.

Anyway, my idea is that the game can be played without knowing what advantage each of the star types offer - especially since the difficulty in the demo version is so low.

Perhaps I should find some graphical form of making the advantages of the stars obvious... Make the yellow star build units as often as the other stars - but let them build two units at once - to prove their increased production. Add double movement arrows from blue stars. Add double attack arrows from green stars etc.

[edited by - Diodor on February 23, 2004 10:44:12 PM]
Wow, your game seems to have been quite successfull (not to mention enjoyable. Im interested in knowing the sales approx. sales figures a great inde game like this brings in though. Is it enough to work it full time? Or do you need a day job like the rest of us.

Sincerly
R.P.C
quote:Wow, your game seems to have been quite successfull (not to mention enjoyable. Im interested in knowing the sales approx. sales figures a great inde game like this brings in though. Is it enough to work it full time? Or do you need a day job like the rest of us.

I get about one sale a day. I got two a day in January when download.com featured Pax on their main games page for a week. So not really enough for full-time. Then again, when it first launched Pax did a sale a week, so I expect with some more improvements I''ll be able to get it to sell better (I''m working on version 1.09 now ).
Opps, sorry I didnt notice the necro, there.
but since I saw the demo in that French mag last month I thought it was OK to answer.
Plus Diodor *is* still here, eh

One sale a day is pretty cool, better than working some shitty job with awful hours to make ends meet, I guess.

Anyway...

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
quote:Original post by ahw
Plus Diodor *is* still here, eh

And I am *still* working on this game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement